Thank you for visiting the web pages and other content located at pendrywhite.com, pendrywhite.net, pendrywhite.biz. and pendrywhite.eu and their subdomains, the ‘Websites’ operated by PendryWhite Limited ("PendryWhite"). This Privacy & Cookies Policy details certain policies governing PendryWhite’s use of personally identifiable information about users of our Websites and the information and/or materials contained on this Websites.
We believe the cookies dropped by our domain, pendrywhite.com, to be essential to the running of our site and our business, so when you visit our site, you agree to accept cookies from us. If you do not accept our cookies, the website will not function as it should and you may not be able to access certain functions and features.
Privacy and Cookies Policy
The purpose of this part of our websites, pendrywhite.com, pendrywhite.net, pendrywhite.biz, pendrywhite.eu and their sub domains (our "Websites"), is to set out clearly the policy of PendryWhite concerning the maintenance of your privacy. It sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide us, will be processed and used by us, together with the usage of cookies and related technologies on our Website.
Please read the following carefully to understand our intention and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
We, PendryWhite Limited, are registered in England with company number 4500656 and our registered office is at Pantiles Chambers, 85 High Street, Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN1 1XP. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is PendryWhite Limited.
Firstly we want to make it clear that we respect the privacy of all individuals who use our Website and are committed to safeguarding the privacy of your personal data.
We collect and process the following data from you:
- information that you provide when completing forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of sending us an e-mail using our contact form, registering for access to a particular page or online document, subscribing to our occasional e-newsletters, and using any password protected areas, documents or downloads;
- information which you voluntarily disclose to us by e-mail or other means;
- information collected automatically about your usage of our Website or e-mails obtained using server logs, cookies or other tracking technologies, whether this is required for our own purposes, to provide the services that you have requested from us, or otherwise (our usage of cookies and similar technologies is described in detail below);
- information which you have posted in any chat room, discussion group, forum, commenting facility or on any bulletin board or blog that may be made available on our Websites;
- data you provide in relation to online surveys, promotions, polls and other online interactions that may arise and become available on the Website or in our e-mails from time to time.
Uses Made Of the Information
We use information held about you to:
- ensure that content on our Website or in our e-mails is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device and to help us improve our services;
- administer and otherwise perform our obligations in relation to any agreement which you may have with us;
- provide you with information and services that you have requested from us and otherwise to respond to queries which you may submit (such information, services and responses may be delivered by e-mail, on the Websites, or through such other means of contact as you have provided to us);
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website or e-mails where you have chosen to do so;
- personalise content displayed to you on our Websites or in our e-mails to take account of any registration you may hold and any preferences you have indicated to us; and
- notify you about changes to our Website, e-mails or services.
We may, with your permission, also use your data or permit selected third parties to use your data to:
- conduct occasional research on our own behalf, but not third parties.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in the event that:
- we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation or requirement;
- we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- you choose to take up a third-party offer or purchase a third-party product through our Websites, in which case we will disclose to the third party in question only such information as is necessary to fulfil your request. We will clearly indicate to you in the descriptions of any such offers and products what information wil be disclosed and to whom.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Cookies: A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user's hard drive containing information about the user. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser settings to block them in the future. The help notes in most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to delete any cookies already received, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable cookies altogether. Information on how to do this in many browsers is available from a number of external websites including Cookie Control and www.aboutcookies.org.
If you choose to disable cookies: Visitors to our Websites who disable their web browser's ability to accept cookies will be able to browse the Website to some extent, but some of the features may not function properly. Please note that not all other tracking technologies can be disabled.
E-mail Tracking: In our e-mails (for example, our occasional e-mail newsletters), we use tracking technologies, including web beacon images. E-mail tracking will be activated when you download and display images in our e-mails or click on any link within our e-mails. It is not possible to turn off link tracking technologies but you can choose to set your e-mail client never to display images. Instructions for this will be found within your e-mail software or service.
We may use the information that we collect about you through cookies and other tracking devices for the purposes described above and also as described in the section below entitled "Aggregate Information."
IP addresses accessing our Website may be collected by our analytics and administration processes but we do not normally attempt to link IP addresses back to any personally identifiable information. This means that sessions will remain anonymous to us under normal circumstances. However, if we believe that certain visits or visitors to our Website are breaching our Website or Subscription Terms & Conditions of use, or if we are compelled for legal reasons, we reserve the right to analyse IP address data in conjunction with other data.
Using cookies and other tracking technologies described above, we may track aggregate information such as, but not limited to, the total number of visitors to our Website, the number of e-mails opened, the number of visitors to particular pages on the Websites, browser types and devices used to access the Website or our e-mails, the broad geographical location of visitors to the Website, referrals to our Website from e-mails and from other websites, and so on, and we may analyse this data for trends and statistics in order to report on performance and to help us improve our Website and services and so run our business effectively. Except as previously described above, this information will be maintained, used and disclosed in aggregate form only and will not contain personally identifiable information. We may use such aggregate information to analyse trends in usage, to help us to improve the services we offer, and to enable us to administer the Websites and the services we offer. We may also gather broad, aggregate, demographic information for reporting purposes and to monitor our performance.
Transfer of Information
We do not require information other than name and contact e-mail address on our contact forms. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Websites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access to your data.
Our Websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of companies, organisations or individuals mentioned in our content; our partner networks; affiliates and other third-party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy and cookies policies and terms and conditions of use and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for the content found on these websites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Please see also IX. Links From Our Website in our Website Terms & Conditions.
Access to Information
We endeavour to keep all personal information accurate. Our very occasional e-newsletters give you an opportunity to correct your own details, and to unsubscribe to any of our e-lists. If you would like to review the personal information which we hold about you in accordance with your statutory rights, you may contact us to request such access for which we may make an administration charge of £15. We will correct any errors which you notify to us relating to your data as soon as reasonably practicable.
Changes to our Privacy and Cookies Policy
Any changes we may make to our privacy and cookies policy in the future will be posted on this page, so please review it regularly.
Questions about this privacy and cookies policy can be addressed to:
You can also use our online contact form.
This Privacy & Cookies Policy was last updated: 24 July 2012.